Issaquah Law Group's attorneys have extensive experience litigating a wide variety of civil cases. In partnership with our clients, we take control of the case and work tirelessly to achieve their desired results, some examples of which are listed below.
- Obtained dismissal of claim against Solid Ground where Plaintiff had claimed its driver caused a knee injury.
- Insurance company claimed national client's truck driver hit another vehicle during a turn. Obtained dismissal after thorough investigation showed the insurance company's client had actually turned into the truck.
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of mother and father under family car doctrine and agency principles after son, who did not live at the home took the care without permission, was told to "bring the car back," and was in a crash while returning the car (affirmed on appeal).
- Obtained dismissal of plaintiff's claims after striking complaint for failure to attend own deposition in lane-change auto collision.
Breach of Contract
- Obtained settlement on behalf of granola manufacturer accused of breaching non-compete agreement. Settlement was for $50,000 on a claim of $1,400,000 after extensive investigation revealed potential fraud in the agreement, exaggerated lost profits, and lack of independent corroboration of Plaintiff's allegations by lay witnesses.
- Obtained summary judgment dismissal of construction company under borrowed servant doctrine where supplier borrowed employee to assist in deliver and did not see the alleged negligence.
- Obtained summary judgment dismissal of general contractor when stack of retaining blocks (built to plan) fell on plaintiff, who sustained spinal injury.
- Obtained summary judgment dismissal of retailer in fire claim where plaintiff had no proof fire was caused by negligent installation as opposed to faulty condition within the product itself.
- Obtained pre-filing walk away of claim where early investigation with counsel and expert witnesses revealed origin of fire was not the product claimed, but an unrelated product which claimant had initially claimed could not have been involved in fire.
- Obtained low-dollar confidential settlement for local company accused of violating the Lanham Act and the Cybersquatting Act. Settlement was far under claimed statutory settlement exposure.
- Obtained settlement on behalf of local school district after Plaintiff claimed he tripped and fell on school grounds, resulting in a broken leg. Settlement was $30,000 on a $2,000,000 claim.
- Obtained dismissal on behalf of local company after Plaintiff claimed she tripped and fell in the company's parking lot.
- Obtained summary judgment dismissal of lessor after lessee's contractor punctured a water pipe, resulting in water damage and a slip and fall in premises of downstairs lessee.
- Obtained summary judgment dismissal of retailer where Plaintiff could not remember how she fell and where the claimed cause of the trip and fall was an open and obvious condition.
- Obtained summary judgment dismissal of retailer where facts deemed admitted through unanswered requests for admission established no liability on part of retailer for trip and fall over warning cone.
- Obtained summary judgment dismissal of Golf Course under sports participation theory when Plaintiff slipped and fractured her ankle due to improper footwear.
- Obtained summary judgment dismissal of retailer where facts deemed admitted through unanswered requests for admission established no liability on part of retailer for boards falling on plaintiff.
- Obtained summary judgment dismissal of retailer on slip and fall claims where plaintiff could not support her claim the accident was the cause of her disc herniation given prior back history and lack of supporting testimony from physicians and experts.
- Obtained summary judgment dismissal of retailer on slip and fall claim related to outdoor lumber yard grating where plaintiff could not show retailer had actual or constructive notice of the claimed dangerous condition.
- Obtained 12(b)(6) dismissal of national retailer for damages incurred due to non-performance of contract negotiated between customer and vendor.
- Obtained dismissal of claimed responsibility for goods stolen out of open, unlocked vehicle where plaintiff could show no duty on behalf of retailer.
Telephone Consumer Protection Act
- Obtained settlement on behalf of local company defending Class Action alleging violations of the Telephone Consumer Protection Act. Settlement amount was 0.3% of statutory damages exposure.
Traumatic Brain Injury
- Obtained settlement on behalf of local non-profit after Plaintiff claimed she suffered a traumatic brain injury after tripping and falling at an arena event hosted by the organization. Settlement amount was less than 3% of trial exposure.
- Obtained settlement limited to orthopaedic injuries on behalf of local school district after investigation of Plaintiff, who was struck by a school bus, revealed no objective evidence of claimed traumatic brain injury.
- Obtained settlement of traumatic brain injury claim in taxi versus scooter accident where extensive investigation of the plaintiff revealed poor job history, prior erratic behavior, and neuropsychological faking during testing.